Reducing your business emissions
Now more than ever, staff, clients, and customers are looking to organisations to take a stand against climate change. Many aspects of operating a business can result in carbon being emitted which means organisations have an opportunity to make a difference and lead the way in taking climate action.
A carbon footprint is the amount of carbon that a company produces. Company vehicles, deliveries, power use, and even staff contribute to this and the less carbon emitted, the smaller this footprint becomes. By reducing their emissions, organisations can actively minimise the negative impact being made on our climate and environment.
At Greenfleet, we believe that organisations should work to reduce carbon emissions as much as possible. For the emissions that cannot be reduced or avoided, offsetting provides a solution as we transition to a low carbon economy.
Here are 5 ways that organisations can reduce their emissions:
- Incorporate renewable power, such as solar panels or green power sources, into your facilities.
- Invest in electric and hybrid vehicles within your fleets.
- Assess supply chains to ensure you’re working with other organisations and suppliers that are equally committed to sustainability.
- Integrate thorough recycling and waste management systems within business locations.
- Utilise virtual meetings and remote work arrangements where possible to reduce travel emissions.
Read some more detailed ways to reduce your emissions below.